Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar and transmission. The Pattern Energy Group team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Tokyo, and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
JOB PURPOSE & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The main job purpose of the Portfolio Finance Analyst is to serve as the primary owner of financing agreements across the construction and operating portfolio of power generation and transmission assets, and across certain development and corporate financing facilities, as applicable. Main responsibilities include, among others:
(i) Ensuring and maintaining financing compliance across all project financing agreements, equity financings, and other facilities, as applicable;
(ii) Serving as the point-of-contact for external financing partners;
(iii) Serving as the knowledge center across the various financing agreements for internal Pattern Energy Group teams;
(iv) Performing ad-hoc financial and contractual analysis as needed;
(v) Assisting with financial closings, and leading certain financing process and transactions, such as term conversions, consents, amendments, waivers, etc.;
(vi) Managing “Loan Administration” – managing the financial aspects of construction activities, including implementing disbursements, filings, budgeting, debt servicing oversight, and preparation of lender reports;
(vii) Producing and delivering various financial and operational reports for internal and external consumption; and
(viii) Leading on other finance matters across the portfolio such as budgeting, cash distributions, and others.
Education and Required Work Experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience in a related financial, contractual, energy, banking, asset management, accounting, and/or project management role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated history of increased responsibility
A successful candidate will possess strengths in the following areas:
Additional Technical Skills
JOB FUNCTIONS – FURTHER DETAIL
• Financing Compliance: Own and proactively ensure compliance across a defined set of agreements across an assigned set of financings in the portfolio.
Examples of the agreement types could include: Credit/Financing Agreements, Depository/Accounts/Collateral Account Agreements, Limited Liability Company / Operating Agreements, Letter of Credit and Reimbursement Agreements, Project Administration Agreements, ISDA Agreements, Participation Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Limited Partnership Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Fee Letters / Arrangements, Assignment and Assumption Agreements, Cash Grant Indemnity Agreements, and others as applicable.
• External Point-of-Contact: Demonstrate excellence in professional communication with a commitment to precision and commercial sensibility as the point-of-contact for external financing partners. These partners are key stakeholder relationships for Pattern Energy Group as we rely upon our ability to efficiently utilize project finance as a means to fund power generation and transmission assets, and this includes maintaining our reputation across the industry as both a good steward during and after closings, and as a world class operator.
This includes timely delivery of reporting obligations and timely response to ad-hoc questions, requests, needs for analysis and data, among others. This also includes managing outgoing requests to external financing partners such as consents, waivers, notifications, etc. Communications are typically via email and phone.
• Internal Point-of-Contact & Internal Contract Compliance: Provide accurate and timely responses to internal teams in serving as the knowledge center across the various financing agreements. Contractual analysis sometimes requires the drafting of technical memorandum to explain reasoning and conclusions.
• Analysis: Perform high quality financial and contractual analysis as needed. This includes among others, producing models, schedules, and trackers, and drafting technical memorandum to summarize context, analysis, and conclusions.
• Transaction Management: Support financial closings, including the preparation of closing documentation, historical cost documentation, and other deliverables such as coordinating with various agents to prepare funding, opening bank accounts, filling out LC applications, etc. Respond to due diligence questions and perform other closing activities as needed.
• Transaction Management: Lead / support term financing transition, including the preparation of deliverables, flow of funds /construction cost close out. Serve as
liaison with Lenders, equity participants, internal and external counsel, and other internal business partners.
• Transaction Management: Lead / manage certain document transactions and financing processes, including determining when there is a need for such transactions/processes and leading/managing efforts to draft, negotiate, socialize, and execute amendments, consents, waivers, notices, prepayments, repayments, etc.
• Loan Administration: Own the loan administration function leading up to, during, and shortly after construction. Responsibilities include, among others: ensuring compliance with financing agreements, interpreting local regulatory and tax requirements, reviewing and submitting monthly construction reports, tracking budgets, coordinating with Lenders and Agents, preparing borrowing requests for submission to Lenders including confirming certifications, representations, and warranties, securing borrowing-related documentation, implementing internal approval processes, coordinating with the construction team for loan deliverables, tracking and responding to Lender and third-party questions/requests, and managing efforts with other departments/groups as necessary.
• Reporting: Produce, review, document required reviews / approvals, and drive to deliver in a timely fashion, accurate financial and operational reports as required externally under the financing agreements and internally as needed.
Other Portfolio Finance functions:
Pattern Energy Group LP is an equal opportunity employer