The main job purpose of the Finance and Portfolio Management Analyst is to serve as the primary owner of financing agreements across the construction and operating portfolio of power generation and transmission assets, and across certain development and corporate financing facilities, as applicable. Main responsibilities include, among others:
- Ensuring and maintaining financing compliance across all project financing agreements, equity financings, and other facilities, as applicable;
- Serving as the point-of-contact for external financing partners;
- Serving as the knowledge center across the various financing agreements for internal Pattern Energy Group teams;
- Performing ad-hoc financial and contractual analysis as needed;
- Assisting with financial closings, and leading certain financing process and transactions, such as term conversions, consents, amendments, waivers, etc.;
- Managing “Loan Administration” – managing the financial aspects of construction activities, including ensuring loan compliance, implementing disbursements, filings, budgeting, debt servicing oversight, and preparation of lender reports; and
- Producing and delivering various financial and operational reports for internal and external consumption.
JOB FUNCTIONS – ADDITIONAL DETAIL
- Financing Compliance: Own and proactively ensure compliance across a defined set of agreements across an assigned set of financings.
Examples of the agreement types could include: Credit/Financing Agreements, Depository/Accounts/Collateral Account Agreements, Limited Liability Company / Operating Agreements, Letter of Credit and Reimbursement Agreements, Project Administration Agreements, ISDA Agreements, Participation Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Limited Partnership Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Fee Letters / Arrangements, Assignment and Assumption Agreements, Cash Grant Indemnity Agreements, and others as applicable.
- External Point-of-Contact: Demonstrate excellence in professional communication with a commitment to precision and commercial sensibility as the point-of-contact for external financing partners. These partners are key stakeholder relationships for Pattern Energy Group as we rely upon our ability to efficiently utilize project finance as a means to fund power generation and transmission assets, and this includes maintaining our reputation across the industry as both a good steward during and after closings, and as a world class operator.
This includes timely delivery of reporting obligations and timely response to ad-hoc questions, requests, needs for analysis and data, among others. This also includes managing outgoing requests to external financing partners such as consents, waivers, notifications, etc. Communications are typically via email and phone.
- Internal Point-of-Contact & Internal Contract Compliance: Provide accurate and timely responses to internal teams in serving as the knowledge center across the various financing agreements. Contractual analysis sometimes requires the drafting of technical memorandum to explain reasoning and conclusions.
- Analysis: Perform high quality financial and contractual analysis as needed. This includes among others, producing models, schedules, and trackers, and drafting technical memorandum to summarize context, analysis, and conclusions.
Transaction Management: Support financial closings, including the preparation of closing documentation, historical cost documentation, and other deliverables such as
coordinating with various agents to prepare funding, opening bank accounts, filling out LC applications, etc. Respond to due diligence questions and perform other closing activities as needed.
- Transaction Management: Lead / support term financing transition, including the preparation of deliverables, flow of funds /construction cost close ou Serve as liaison with Lenders, equity participants, internal and external counsel, and other internal business partners.
- Transaction Management: Lead / manage certain document transactions and financing processes, including determining when there is a need for such transactions/processes and leading/managing efforts to draft, negotiate, socialize, and execute amendments, consents, waivers, notices, prepayments, repayments, etc.
- Loan Administration: Own the loan administration function leading up to, during, and shortly after construction. Responsibilities include, among others: ensuring compliance with financing agreements, interpreting local regulatory and tax requirements, reviewing and submitting monthly construction reports, tracking budgets, coordinating with Lenders and Agents, preparing borrowing requests for submission to Lenders including confirming certifications, representations, and warranties, securing borrowing-related documentation, implementing internal approval processes, coordinating with the construction team for loan deliverables, tracking and responding to Lender and third-party questions/requests, and managing efforts with other departments/groups as necessary.
- Reporting: Produce, review, document required reviews / approvals, drive to deliver in a timely fashion, accurate financial and operational reports as required externally under the financing agreements and internally as needed.
- Other Finance and Portfolio Management:
- Manage several aspects of energy companies, including, among others: determining and initiating distributions, reviewing and forecasting short and medium-term cash positions, coordinating project-level liquidity needs, drafting key tools and templates, producing external annual operating budgets and budget-variance reports, obtaining and documenting required reviews and approvals, understanding and tracking financing structures including term loans, commitments, swaps, LCs, etc., and keeping a current understanding of operating features and operational details.
- Deploy project management skills on various initiatives across the team, department, and company, including effectively managing third-party engagements.
- Documentation and Administration: Demonstrate a commitment to consummate documentation of work products, data, and material correspondences, and to maintaining a high-level of administrative organization in line with company, departmental, and team protocols, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain a tight controls environment, adhering to SOX controls and procedures to the “T”.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all aspects of Pattern Energy Group: Legal, Development, Construction, M&A, Analyst teams, Treasury, Asset Management, Facility Management, Accounting, Tax, Accounts Payable, FP&A, Consolidations, Engineering, EHS, and others.