Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar and transmission. The Pattern Energy Group team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Santiago, Tokyo, and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
Under the general direction of the Controller, the Sr. Accounting Manager will have global managerial and accounting responsibility for entities involved in the origination of greenfield development and construction or acquisition.
• Manage fixed assets and corporate general ledger accounting teams by reviewing reconciliations, consolidating trial balances and financial statements on a standalone and consolidated basis for multiple asset origination and service provider entities.
• Oversee G&A accounting for LP entities.
• Ensure consistent application of accounting principles and financial statement presentation across multiple entities.
• Manage monthly close process to ensure timely completion of consolidation and reporting deliverables.
• Ensure SOX controls are consistently and accurately performed.
• Coordinate accounting system enhancements in accordance with management’s objectives and company resources.
• Read, interpret and guide staff in determination of proper GAAP or other accounting treatment of complex deals/transactions and aid technical accounting team in drafting memorandums.
• Manage corporate and/or project audit by interfacing with auditors, ensuring timely completion of supporting schedules, financial statements and audit report.
• Develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures.
• Conduct high level/secondary review of financial statements, critical spreadsheets and accounting for complex transactions already reviewed by Accounting Managers.
• Ensure that Accounting Managers mentor staff in developing understanding of wind, solar and transmission asset origination and operating projects and keeping abreast of accounting guidance.
• Other special projects as assigned.
A college degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of coursework and experience is required. A CPA is highly preferred. Public accounting experience is a plus.
Required Work Experience
• The candidate should have at least 12 years of relevant experience in progressively responsible managerial roles in accounting; must have experience managing accounting teams.
• Previous experience working with partnership accounting and business ownership structures.
• Multi-level consolidations with minority interests.
• Equity and cost accounting for investments.
• Multiple businesses with multiple functional currencies.
• Purchase accounting – business combinations.
• Project financing.
• Accounting for multiple asset origination entities and service providers.
• Accounting to meet the requirements of financing and loan documents.
Must possess strengths in the following:
• The ability to successfully lead, follow and manage (up and down).
• Strong technical and analytical accounting background/skills with previous experience or
familiarity working with: complex accounting issues, consolidations, US and foreign GAAP
issues, foreign currency translation, multiple corporate structures, equity and investment
• Proven ability to meet deadlines for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special
projects; preparing thorough and complete analyses and reconciliations with appropriate
documentation and follow-up.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding
workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow- through
and minimal supervision.
• Ensures responsibilities are properly and fairly delegated to Accounting Managers or
Leads as necessary.
• Enjoys working in a very “hands on” and detail-oriented environment.
• Self-starter with flexibility, desire to learn, willing to ask questions and take ownership of
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Enjoys mentoring and managing others.
• Ability to handle personnel issues with the utmost confidentiality and diplomacy.
• Conveys positive, professional image and demeanor.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with others.
Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint). The Company is using
Microsoft Dynamics AX general ledger, fixed asset, accounts payable, accounts receivable and
Pattern Energy Group LP is an equal opportunity employer.